• BackupFan
    Hello,

We notice that in the MSP360 portal, under Reporting / Capacity Report, it is showing that we have about 47 TB of "orphaned data." I understand from Support that this refers to data that MSP360 has lost track of, and doesn't know if it exists or not. We believe that this data is marked as orphaned because about a couple of years ago we created new buckets in our cloud storage, replacing the old ones and deleting them--this was part of our transition from the old format plans to the new format plans. Since the storage accounts listed in MSP360 seem to refer to these old buckets, we plan to delete them (starting with one to test). I deleted the data under the first orphaned storage account, and it says "User data is queued for deletion" yesterday, but today the storage account was still there and it no longer said that it was queued for deletion. Do I need to synchronize the repository for the computers that this data belonged to for this to take effect? Or am I missing something else?

Thanks!
  • Alexander Negrash
    "Data queued for deletion is currently in process within the web portal. The deletion process may take several days. Our support team can check the current status of this queue for you. If there were any issues with the deletion process, they will also assist in troubleshooting
  • Alexander Negrash
    I've checked the queue, and it appears that errors did occur. Kindly follow up with our support team for further assistance
  • Steve Putnam
    I don't use the MSP360 data deletion option, rather I use Cloudberry Explorer to delete orphaned data , then run a repo sync to get things right (if necessary).
    If you go to users and click on the green icon it shows you the MBS prefix for the client. I then go into CB explorer and delete the data directly from storage. It can take a while so you ned to leave CB explorer open, but at least I know what is getting deleted. I then run a repo sync if the machine in question is still active, otherwise there is nothing else to do once the data is deleted from the backend storage.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment