• ScubaSteve
    I cannot backup to my S3 Compatible Object Storage using Signature Version 4 without setting the Region. By default in the http header your connecter is injecting us-east-1. My servers see that and denies it as its looking for us-west-1. Any way to allow us to define this variable in your connecter settings please? I really need this :( I can't be the only person who has run into this problem.
  • David Gugick
    Just to confirm: You have Signature 4 Selected when you registered the S3 Compatible storage account with Managed Backup? If so, Support is requesting you do the following as a test:

1. Download and Install CloudBerry Explorer: https://www.msp360.com/explorer.aspx
    2. Add your S3 Compatible Account from File - Add New Account
    3. Select Signature 4
    4. Click the "Test Connection" button and send us a screenshot or text of the results of the test
  • ScubaSteve
    So it looks like it will make the connection. It isn't until it tries to use a bucket or object for that matter that it tries to either not use a region or use one named by default on the backend of the API.

Here is what CloudBerry Explorer gives me. Please note its the same for an MSP360 Backup Service.

d1bhu6xrlw4fklck.png

And then watching the back end of my systems with all the header information here is what I get as well. Notice how it says its expecting the region to be us-west-1 towards the bottoms. (Private Information has been redacted).

apn4puubwf554yia.png

What do you guys think?
  • ScubaSteve
    I just noticed under the API's Authorization header it is indeed forcing it to be us-east-1.
  • David Gugick
    Let me send this over to the team for review.
  • David Gugick
    Unfortunately, what you're trying to do is unsupported. There's a feature request in the system, and I've added your comments and request. The feature has not been scheduled and at this time.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment