• QChen
    My environment:
    - Remote machine: Server 2012 R2
    - Client Machine (Operation machine): win10

- Product version: latest

What I am expected:
    - Generally, I have a remote machine located somewhere. I cannot directly operate the machine now. But I can use VPN + RDP to access the machine. And I want to use your product to connect and operate on the machine, so I can get rid of VPN.

What I have done:
    - Install the product on the remote machine under RDP
    - Install the product on the client machine directly
    - Configure on remoate machine with:
    - Enable Unattended mode, and set a password
    - Enable connection encypting
    - Set default mode as full control
    - Set Auto-Start

What is the problem:
    - After I close RDP session, then use product to connect the the machine, server 2012 will goes into logon scene which should ask me to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to sign in.

- I have use the "send Ctrl+Alt+Delete" from the control panel of the product, but nothing happened.

- The view does NOT freeze since I can see the time on remote machine keep updating. Also I can click on the button "Easy Access" which provided by the logon scene.
  • Sergey N
    This is a really strange issue, is OSK available on the login screen?
  • Q Chen
    @Sergey N Yes, I can click on the virtual keyboard to bring out the remote machine's internal Virtual Keyboard (Say, the server 2012's), but even tap the ctrl+alt+del, it will not bring out the logon window to let me input the user credential.

So I mentioned, I am not sure whether it is due to I install product on remote machine via remote desktop but not install directly from the original machine.

As I know, behind the scene, windows have a "Session" concept. If use remote desktop, it should have problem creating the session (Say, if install team viewer via remote desktop should have similar issue, but team viewer have services based starter, so after restart the machine, it should launch team viewer client under original session but not RDP session, so it can work well)

So say, the difference between MSP360 with team viewer:
    - team viewer have a windows service, and associate system account;
    - After restart the machine, even we not logon into system, the team viewer client will be started;
    - Using client side team viewer connect to the remote machine, it can start a new actual session on the physical machine (say, if check the actual physical machine's monitor, it will have same content as you see via team viewer's client);

- But MSP360 only have user based process starter. So after restart the machine, the MSP360 does NOT started unless you trying to logon into system via the user;
    - I believe if logon into system using physical machine, then everything should goes well because they created actual user session that can used for MSP;
    - But if logon into machine using RDP, then the session will be terminate after RDP closed. So using MSP360 to connect, there is NO actual session running behind the scene.

I am not sure whether my assumption is correct. But I think this information should help.
  • AxelKl
    Is there a way to send the Ctrl-Alt-Del command to an RDP session (Windows Server 2008 R2) inside another RDP session (also Windows Server 2008 R2) without the first session catching it?
  • David Gugick
    So, you're running nested RD connections? Have you tried sending the command from the server in the middle?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment