• BillH
    Can someone explain file retention and deletions within MSP360? Here's my more specific question. My backup plan calls for me to make incremental backups of any file that's placed in certain folders defined in my backup plan. So I create a test1.txt and it get backed up on Day 1. on Day 2 I create another called Test2.txt and it gets backed up as well. On Day 3 I create yet another file called Test3.txt and it too gets backed up but on day 3 I purge both test1.txt and text2.text . My question is that since these two files on my local drive were deleted, were they also deleted from BackBlaze or is BackBlaze keeping Text1.txt and Text2.txt in storage? If they're being retained, how long are they going to be kept if I do nothing? If they're being retained after being being deleted locally, how do I purge these files from my cloud repository?
  • Steve Putnam
    Bill,
    You need to understand how the retention settings work. There are settings for deletion of versions of an existing file, and a separate seting for the deletion of an exiting file. We set versions to 90 days and deleted files retention to 90 days.
    I would be happy to speak with you directly to help you undersatnd, as it is not intuitive (at least not to my old brain)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment