• Pradeep Kumar
    Hello,

We wanted to migrate data from one cloud to another cloud . As direct cloud to cloud migration is not feasible from cloud backup server edition. We have mounted a s3 bucket from destination cloud with s3fs or rclone as a work around. In both the case, when we restore the data to the mounted s3 bucket, it fails with below error. Could you please confirm where we are doing wrong.. Any help is highly appreciated.

2024-02-22 17:03:29,723 [SERV] [1] NOTICE - Plan fb17d9a7-26fc-4c03-81da-3068eb401b60 'Restore plan on 22-02-2024 17:03:09' (RestorePlan). Force full mode :False
    2024-02-22 17:03:37,363 [PL] [1] ERROR - Cannot create directory: S:\Upload
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
    Could not find a part of the path 'S:\Upload'.
       at WS.A(Int32 , String )
       at vc.A(String , String , DirectorySecurity )
       at vc.A(String , DirectorySecurity )
       at qc.A(jb , String )

2024-02-22 17:03:37,388 [SERV] [1] ERROR - Fail count: 0
    2024-02-22 17:03:37,426 [SERV] [1] NOTICE - Elapsed time: 00:00:07. Max memory usage: 60 MB. Processor time: 00:00:08. DB connection: 32 DB query: 43 Status report: 11

• Alexander Negrash
    Do not use restore to cloud. If you want to migrate data to another cloud try using CloudBerry Explorer Freeware https://www.msp360.com/explorer/
  • Pradeep Kumar
    Hi @Alexander, I believe the data uploaded is using native upload by cloudberry backup. And we are not using restore to cloud. We are just to restore to local, however in this case it is a Mount point of S3 bucket.. Also We tried the explorer option, We are not able to view the content when downloaded using explorer, it's in CBB format..
  • Alexander Negrash
    Based on the error message, the software cannot create a folder on your mounted drive. There could be various reasons for this issue. Additionally, this specific scenario has never been tested before. Despite the data being stored in a proprietary format, you can simply move the entire folder with the data to the new storage location. Then, add this new storage destination to the plan, synchronize the repository, and you should be all set.
  • Pradeep Kumar
    Ok. When you said move can you please elaborate. Source is S3 cloud1. Destination is also S3 cloud2. I tried copying with rclone copy source destination. Would that work. Or Do you have any other suggestions of data movement or copy??
  • Pradeep Kumar
    Ok. Let me try and update you the result
  • Pradeep Kumar
    HI Alexander, we synchronize the repository. It is successful however we are not able to see the files. I believe without seeing the files in the account..this migration of data is not useful.. Do you have any other solutions??
  • Alexander Negrash
    Where exactly are you looking at? Please send a screenshot. Also have you tried running a backup after changing the destination and running a sync?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment