• Jonas Döbert
    Hello everyone,

I recently acquired MSP360 Backup Desktop Edition to back up our local NAS data to Amazon S3, but I'm facing some setup challenges as this is my first time using this software. Despite going through the available guides, I find the configuration somewhat perplexing.

My setup includes a NAS device whose data I want to back up, and I've already set up an S3 bucket that's equipped with a lifecycle policy to immediately move data to "Glacier Flexible Retrieval."

Here's what I aim to achieve:

1) Initial Full Backup: I want all data from the NAS to be fully uploaded to S3 initially.

2) Daily Incremental Backups: After the initial full backup, I'd like only changed or new data to be uploaded daily at midnight.

3) Automatic Deletion of Older Data: To control costs, I'm looking to have data older than 2 months automatically deleted from the backup.

I would greatly appreciate any specific steps or guidance on configuring MSP360 Backup to meet these requirements, particularly regarding scheduling the daily backups and setting up the retention policy to align with my S3-Glacier configuration.

Thank you in advance for your support!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet