• Isabel
    hello!
    I am looking for help with this. For a while now I have had backup jobs configured from network drives to amazon deep archive using MSP360. To each backup task a new amazon account was created using the same passwords. That is, I have 7 backup plans and 7 amazon accounts (same passwords). I want to know if this is correct or is it an inefficient use for something that I am not yet able to see and that may affect us in the future.

The other question is the use of prefix. In all the tutorials it is not clear to me that I must put a prefix in scheduled backup task. Is it necessary to use a prefix if I actually use a backup task for each drive or PC?
  • Alexander Negrash
    The structure and configuration of your storage and backup plans are entirely up to you and depend on your goals and requirements. As long as you can access your backups and restore data successfully, there's nothing wrong with your configuration. Regarding the prefix, it serves as a unique identifier that links backup data to a specific computer. For instance, if you replace your computer, restore all the data from the old one, and wish to continue backing up to the same storage, the prefix will assist you in configuring that transition seamlessly.
  • Isabel
    Hello Alejandro! thank you very much for your reply.
    I see that I'm really ok. Only the prefix still gives me a little doubt. Is it advisable to indicate myself a prefix or let the system add one by default? which in my case will always be, for example:
    R$/
    W$/
    Z$/

Thank you for all your help.
  • Alexander Negrash
    The software will generate a prefix for your backup
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist