• Jeremy Flint
    Background:
    Azure VM running Windows Server 2019, 16GB RAM, Intel Xeon.
    Using Cloudberry Drive to mount Azure file shares to and backup to BackBlaze. 19 total file shares ranging in size from 500GB up to 5TB in size. Jobs are spaced out an hour apart and we run them once a week. We use this as more of a disaster recovery in the off chance something happens to our data on Azure.

Since the last update to Cloudberry Backup, it has been spiking memory usage on the VM we run it on. When this happens, it causes the backup service to crash, even after completing all backup jobs. The service being offline causes jobs to get missed.

Anyone else having issues with this? Any log files I can provide to help diagnose issue? Do I just need to increase the amount of RAM available to the VM? Change retention policies or schedules? Is this something worth purchasing the paid support to investigate?
  • Alexander Negrash
    Please DM me you email address. I will ask one of our engineers to take a look
  • sarfaraj23n
    Well, if you have logs saying that the job finished at 22:01 then I don't see how the server could have crashed at any time between 21:50 and 22:00.

What evidence do you have of a crash? Does the server reboot? Is there a message on the console? Is there a dump in /var/crash or some other location based on how your system is set up? Do you have messages in your system logs? Any one of those would be much more helpful than just the command you were running at the time.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment