• Scott H
    I understand how to exclude specific folders in the Advanced Filter section of the backup plan. For example, we choose to backup system/hidden files and folders, so we utilize the Skip Folders Advanced Setting to exclude $RECYCLE.BIN folders. This is done because redirected user profiles we back up have recycle bins in them.

Lately, I have noticed my detailed backup reports are full of Teams and Edge folders/files that are part of user profiles. After checking with my team, it has been determined that these folders do not need to be included in the backup plan. And since users may create a folder call Teams or maybe even Edge somewhere else, I cannot simply exclude all folders called Teams or Edge.
    Is it possible to exclude a folder by entering something like this?
    D:\USERS\FOLDERS\*username*\EDGE or D:\USERS\PROFILES\*username*\TEAMS
    Or, is there another way to do this?

I ask because some server backup plans have 80+ user profile folders and it's quite time consuming to manually "uncheck" each folder to be excluded.
    Similar question in an older post: https://forum.msp360.com/discussion/1921/page/p1
  • IT Xpress
    I *really* wish we could create an exclude template like CrashPlan supported - text file with wildcards. Exclude so much unneeded junk
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment