• Adrian Brown
    I'm sure this used to work for me, so I'm likely doing something wrong.
    I have backups in Wasabi created using Cloudberry Backup (now updated to MSP360, but I believe it's the same thing).
    I want to browse these using Cloudberry Explorer PRO:
    - I have created a new Wasabi storage account in Explorer with my access key and secret key.
    - I have enabled compression and encryption in Explorer.
    - I set the same encryption password as for Backup.

I now navigate in Explorer. But instead of seeing anything which looks like my local file structure (as I see in the "Backup Storage" pane in Backup), I see:

• Root -> my.bucket.name -> CBB_HOSTNAME -> CBB_ARCHIVE -> e87cb169-ff5d-4fe0-9501-8543c0200e9f -> GEN-000000-09d3d426-ff47-44a4-807e-9632329394b1 -> [Lots of folders] -> [Files with strange names]
    • Root -> my.bucket.name -> CBB_HOSTNAME -> CBB_REPORT -> e87cb169-ff5d-4fe0-9501-8543c0200e9f.html$ -> [Lots of folders] -> [Lots of html files]

Where:
    • my.bucket.name is the name of my Wasabi bucket
    • HOSTNAME is the name of my computer
    • The [Lots of folders] all have names that look like date and time stamps
    • The [Files with strange names] are of the following form:
      • $LOG$
      • $SGN$BfClP8w1WrVxqIP51E54ZQ__$O30tyaLzxk6xgDMO2EAZzw__$HTEwoASLbhrUsIjazgv4Vw__
      • archive.000000.cbl
      • archive.000001_toc_ok.cbl
    • I can open the HTML files, and these are my CloudBerry Backup Reports. I can open these even if I disable encryption in Explorer, so presumably these aren't encrypted.

How do I make Explorer see my as-backed-up file structure? I'm expecting to see something like: F:\Multimedia\Photos (as I'm using it to backup my photos).

As I say, I'm sure this used to work, but I've not used Explorer for a long time (a couple of years I'm guessing). I've been putting the "forget" into "setup and forget"!

Cheers
    Adrian
  • Adrian Brown
    I forgot:
    - Cloudberry Explorer PRO is v6.6.1.5
    - MSP360 Backup (formerly Cloudberry) is v7.9.1.128

I wanted to renew maintenance on Explorer, but there's no point if I can't get it to work with my backups.
  • Steve Putnam
    The New backup Format combines files into an archive file using a different format than the legacy file backup format. For that, and other reasons, we do not use the New backup format for data/file backups; only for Image and HYPERV VHDx file backups.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment