• toby1kenobi
    I'm looking at the Pro version with a view to using it to copy files to AWS S3 Glacier Instant Retrieval (and maybe occasionally getting stuff back out again).

It looks like I should be able to create an upload rule to set the storage class on anything uploaded using Cloudberry Explorer, by setting an HTTP header called x-amz-storage-class to GLACIER_IR.

I've done this, but the results seem inconsistent - I copied a few small folders across, with mixed results. A folder of JPGs all have storage class 'Glacier Instant Retrieval'. Another folder of PHP files all ended up 'Standard Storage'. In a third containing two EXEs and an HTML file, the EXEs are Glacier, the HTML file standard.

Am I doing something wrong?
  • toby1kenobi
    Does anyone know if what I'm doing should work? Is Explorer even the right product for doing ad hoc backups to Glacier?
  • Peter Falkin

Hello Toby,

Thank you for your question.

Could you please let us know the sizes of the files you are uploading to your S3? Most likely they are bigger than minimal size that is allowed for glacier instant retrieval. S3 Glacier Instant Retrieval has a minimum billable object size of 128 KB.

https://aws.amazon.com/s3/pricing/#:~:text=S3%20Glacier%20Instant%20Retrieval%20has,the%20appropriate%20storage%20class%20rate.
  • toby1kenobi
    Peter, you are right - thank you so much, that's really helpful and I appreciate you taking the time to help!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment