• Dom-ROD
    What am I missing? Can we not create a MSI file and just run it on a desktop\server ? I see we get a PowerShell install script but this requires user interaction to run.
  • Pavel
    Have you tried using Discover and Deploy to do silent install on many machines at once?

1hevshegcdmp5dm2.png
  • Dom-ROD
    Yes, but we need an option so a new client and even some of our clients with internal IT can just click on a link and it runs with no interaction needed. Then we run our scripts once it hits the dashboard. We have this now with our current RMM.
  • Pavel
    But users still have to click on a link and then click on the downloaded installer, don't they? Are they fine with this amount of interaction?
  • Dom-ROD
    Really??
    Off course they are fine with just clicking on a link then running the exe file. That’s what every person that uses the internet does. You really think using the discovery tool is better then just clicking on a link?
    Every legit RMM company has a option to run its solution unattended and silently. It’s RMM basics 101

So Based off your answer above I am assuming it’s not possible ?
  • Pavel
    You are correct, right now it's not possible to create an MSI installer for MSP360 RMM.

As for provided PowerShell scripts and the Discover and Deploy tool, the general approach is that, instead of end users clicking on some links, it the IT admins who install the solution "unattended and silently" on many computers at once.

In any case, MSI installers can certainly be useful, and they may appear in MSP360 RMM in future.
  • Pavel
    Also, there's the option to run existing installer in silent mode like this:

MSP360RMMAgent_v1.7.0.31_ALLEDITIONS_Setup.exe /S
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet