• Dhayes
    Hello all. We have been trialing CB backup and are very impressed. We have a question regarding exchange recovery. We see that exchange 2013 or higher does not have granular mailbox recovery. If we needed to recover a single mailbox from a back or even emails within a particular mailbox what would the protocol be? Would we need to restore a full version of the database to a recovery database and extract from there?

Thanks
    Dave

• MattAccepted Answer
    Yes, the only option would be to recover the whole database. Introducing that functionality for all other versions of Exchange is on our road map, but implementation is taking longer than expected due to technical peculiarities of the process.
  • Brad Nelson
    I'd love to know why Exchange 2010 is the only version that does granular backups, that product is 9 years old. Why can't we get the developers to fix granular for 2013/2016/2019?
  • Matt
    Features like that are implemented based on our developers' priorities, I don't have any particular details regarding that. Item-level restore for Exchange 2016 should be available in version 6.1. No info about other versions yet.
  • Brad Nelson
    Thanks for the reply. We are excited about the feature! All I am getting at is If your product says it can backup Exchange, I think that should be a developer priority to be able to do a granular backup from the release of the Exchange Product. Otherwise, it's just a file level backup which your main product does anyway. Correct?
  • Matt
    Completely understand that. More updates are on the way.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment