• Steve Putnam
    The MBS portal is prefilling an encryption key in the V7 backup plans. So if you save the plan, the encryption key gets changed thus forcing a new Full backup. This is absolutely not acceptable.
    I reported the issue Case # 00117961, but was told it was a visual issue only, but I had a plan produce a warning that the encryption key changed and guess what, it had the prefilled key. This IS a big deal, and I don’t appreciate it being sloughed off as a minor problem.
  • David Gugick
    Can you document the steps here Steve? I tried editing a few plans and could not duplicate that issue, so maybe I'm doing something differently than you are.
  • Steve Putnam
    Edit a V7 file plan in portal. Go to compression and encryption. Sometimes the defaul encryption key is visible, other times if you look at it is shows jlx40..6mp…qZnu9wVJQ==
    If you then save the plan it changes the key apparently.
  • David Gugick
    I'm currently speaking to support about this, but I think the solution is not to show the password until the fix is in place.
  • Steve Putnam
    I have been avoiding looking at the keys for that reason, but the prefilled pw managed to get saved in a plan forcing a full backup to occur. Could be that someone on the team looked at it, not realizing the implications.
    I am just glad that it throws a notification that the encryption key has been changed. Otherwise we’d never know until a restore didn’t work. Would be looking for another job.
  • David Gugick
    according to the latest tests by support even if you show the password, and then save the plan the password doesn't change on the plan itself. They were unable to duplicate the scenario you're running into where it actually changes. Are you sure you didn't modify the password in any way even if it was retyping the one that it was showing incorrectly? I think they want to see the logs for that particular plan execution where it backed up everything again, so I would send those along on the open support case.
  • Steve Putnam
    I will send the logs to the open ticket. Thanks for your help.
  • Steve Putnam
    So it turns out that the prefilled encryption key is not causing the issue, the original encryption key was wrong so when I put in the right one, it said it had changed and would do a new full.
    Looking for a way to tell which other plans have the wrong encryptiuon key . In legacy, I would simply download a small file using Cloudberry Explorer and if the Encrtyption keyis correct, the download works.
    In V7 however, all I see in CB Explorer is a lengthy string for each plan. Is there any way to display the string associated with each plan?
  • Steve Putnam
    Figured out a way - The CBB_Report Folder has the same strings associated with the plans so by loolking at the plan run report I can match them up.
  • David Gugick
    Thanks for all the updates Steve.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube