• Steve Putnam
    Been waiting for a long, long time to be able to do a simple wildcard search of backup history. Something like "*.pst" returns no results. Only if I put in the entire path name will it work, which for what I need is utterly useless.
    I have to export to an Excel file and do my searches from there.
    I sent in a request for this five years ago. It does not seem like it should take that long for something so basic.
  • David Gugick
    Steve,

Are you looking to search an individual endpoint or across all computers at a customer?
  • Steve Putnam
    Individual endpoint. The search box does not appear to support wildcards, unless the "*" is not the right character for wildcard search :)
  • David Gugick
    If you search from the agent and type *PST or *.PST, you should get a list of all files that end in PST. If you type PST or PST*, you'll get a list of all files that start with PST. If you type *PST*, you'll get a list of all files that contain PST. It searches across all storage accounts.That's what I see from the tests I ran. Are you seeing no results?
  • Steve Putnam
    I apologize, I failed to specify the issue is with Backup History on the MSP portal, not the client console.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment