• Justin Mirsky
    Hello,

We are really pushing heavily for all of our systems to utilize our standardize authentication method and would love to see SAML 2.0 IDP initiated authentication to be supported by the Cloudberry management platform. This would allow us (and others) to integrate our authentication and identities into a single source such as AzureAD/Okta/OneLogin/Other.

This is a big requirement for us and is a big deciding factor for us when choosing new platforms going forward. OTP codes are not enough to secure access to critical systems anymore as these have been proven to be compromised in the wild.

I would be happy to provide additional details if you require them.

Justin M.
  • David Gugick
    Just to confirm, you're saying that in your case using Google or Microsoft Authenticator for 2FA to access the management console is insufficient for your security requirements? In the meantime, I'll go ahead and log your request in the system. Thanks.
  • Justin Mirsky

Yes, we do not want to have separate usernames + Google Authenticator OTP codes. It suffices for now, but we have increased security requirements coming from our customer that require biotmetric authentication to access their systems. We are implementing these changes and have a SAML provider that does this for us, but we need our systems to suppor SAML 2.0 authentication to make this happen.

Recently, Google OTP codes were hacked in the wild and these are starting to get labeled as less secure than other methods (like how SMS is no longer considered secure). Our requirement needs to allow us to FORCE SAML authentication and turn off the use of Username+Password+OTP Codes.
  • David Gugick
    We have an open SAML 2.0 feature request in the system. I have added you to the request.
  • Justin Mirsky

Thank you! I didn't see it, so I created a new request. Cheers!
  • Satyen Vora
    Any updates on this? Our org is also heavily pushing using SAML for everything and IAM is no longer being supported as a business process.
  • David Gugick
    Thanks for reaching out. I have added your request to the open requirement and will speak to the team to discuss further to see about getting it scheduled for a release.
  • Joele
    any news on this? this is a most for us as well
  • David Gugick
    No news yet. I’ve added your request in the system. I’ll speak with the team.
  • Joele
    wasn't that already done 7 months ago? saml is a most now days
  • David Gugick
    It was. We are tracking the requirement and adding customer requests as they come in.
  • David Gugick
    no movement yet on this request. I'll check with the team again.
  • Adam Keys
    Please add me to the list. We use Okta for everything. Would be great to have one less 2FA coder.
  • PhilFIT
    We use Azure AD as our IdP as well, would love to see the login integrated as well.
  • Abraham Marquez
    Any progress with this? I'm also requesting this feature enhancement. I'm about to sign-up as a new customer and this feature would be ideal.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment