• Pit C Tan
    Hi All - For Drive and Explorer, I am successful in using the S3 Compatible connection using an Access and Secret Key. My next test is to make it work with LDAP Token for a AD user. This is important to us since we have existing AD users and groups.

For the product we are using on-premise, I included a link below that talks about setting up LDAP and generating an LDAP Token for S3 login.

https://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/ldap-auth/

Will both products support this method?

At the end of the document, there is a section showing a sample S3 client.

USING THE ACCESS TOKEN

Use your favorite S3 client and specify the token as the access key in your client or environment variables.
    # export AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID=<base64-encoded token generated by radosgw-token>
    # export AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY="" # define this with an empty string, otherwise tools might c

Thanks!

• MattAccepted Answer

We do not yet support this functionality. I have forwarded a feature request to our developers on your behalf.
  • Eric Schultz
    This looks like it's been a while since this discussion was active. We have a similar process where I work where we create an AWS credentials profile that's tied to our internal identity provider. I am able to export the key ID, secret, and session token to environment variables, but I haven't found a way to tie these to an account in CloudBerry Explorer. It would be very handy to have a feature that would either use AWS environment variables or link to the AWS credentials file. I have seen this feature in other products that are similar to CloudBerry Explorer. Is there a possibility of getting this into the product roadmap?

Thanks!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet