• Premier IT
    Hi,

I am a small IT consultant and have been investigating remote assistant as a remote support tool for my clients.

It works great, but I have a problem wit UAC requests when installing exe files remotely for the client with Remote Assistant Quick Support Version. The remote PC just pauses unless the client does some action for me. This defats the purpose of remote access to provide support.

If I get the client to download and install the full Remote Assistant (RemoteAssistantSetup_v2.3.0.52_netv4.5.1_c782903) instead of the Quick support version, a lot of my remote users are computer illiterate and find it hard to download, install and configure it for unattended access.

Also to get full access I have trouble to explain to them to go into options/security then click "Unattended Access", "Allow Command Line Access" so that I do not have to rely on them to click for me to proceed.

By default the program does not suppport encryption, unless of course the client clicks into options/security/require encryption for incoming connections then copy the public key which is then supllied to me.

I think this is beyond the intelligence of 99% of my users.

Are you planning on improving the ease of use of remote assistant for remote users?

Thanks and regards

Alfred
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube