• Steve Putnam
    In the past week I have had no less than ten different clients experience failures of their backups to Google nearline. There are three different errors that have been occurring:
    • "Gone" - that is all it says - it is a Google 410 error
    • Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    • The device is not ready. Position xxxxxxxxxxxx count : 512 . ErrorCode:21 HR:80070015
    I asked support if i am the only one experiencing these errors and I do not get a response - Am just told to contact Google directly which of course I cannot do as I do not maintain a support contract (at $100 per month per user). Over the past 6 years it has been rare to have two errors like these in one month, an now I have had ten+ failures in a little over a week?
    I was told to run the repo sync - which I did, but sometimes just rerunning the plan works fine.
    So I am asking this forum if anyone else has experienced these or similar issues using Google as a backend.
    I am currently in the process of doing some testing with the failed plans going to Azure in an attempt to prove that it is a Google specific issue.
  • Mikelubb
    Having same issue with Google Nearline all of the sudden,
    Error:
    "Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

Most of my backup jobs run fine, but 1 with larger files will not run and gives this error when uploading to Google Nearline. No clue what is causing. File sizes are approx 35 GB in size.
  • Steve Putnam
    I have sent in many sets of logs to Ticket #293616 - Just got another one - that makes 11 different clients. Seems to get hung up on one file - thought it was just large files but the most recent failure waa on a file that is under 1MB. Hoping that someone can fill me in on what is going on.
  • Matt
    Looks like that was a temporary problem on Google Cloud's side, their services should be up and running now.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment