• SMB
    Tried to do a test restore today and accidentally used the DATA drive on my server as the destination. I figured it was going to a folder and not actually overwriting the whole drive. Cloudberry stopped the restore but not before the drive got un-initialized.

The old folders show up when I view server from another computer but I cannot view them while on the actual server because Disk Management says my DATA drive is "Not Initialized."

How can I reinitialize the DATA drive but not lose data? Can I initialize it, then copy everything over to another location and then I'm guessing it will need to be formatted/erased and then move everything back over?

Thanks in advance.
  • Matt
    If it was an image-based restore on a live working HDD then not much can be done here. I can only suggest to try and use some third-party tool to salvage anything you can from that disk.
    If it's available from another machine copying the data to a safe location, and returning the files there after initialization should work.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment