• Kjell Rilbe
    Hi,

I noticed that in my backup storage, the file C:\ProgramData\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Backup\data\cbbackup.db has about 2000 versions taking up a total of ~500 Gbyte of disk space.

I do know what that file contains and what it's for. What I'm wondering is if there's any benefit of including this file in the backup set, and more generally, if there's any benefit of including anything in the folder C:\ProgramData\CloudBerryLab in the backup set?

In my backup sets I have checked the option to backup the backup plans (the configuration).

• MattAccepted Answer
    There's no need to manually specify the backup config folders for any of your plans, since the repository is automatically recreated upon clean install and settings + plan files are backed up automatically.

I suggest to exclude that directory from your backups and delete the folder from the cloud.
  • Kjell Rilbe
    Thanks! Will do!

May I also suggest that you add a default filter to exclude this folder even if it is selected?

I use Code 42 backup for my Company and it has a set of default exclusions that are very nice to have. For example, they exclude several temp folders, Windows profile files (locked anyway), etc.
  • Matt
    Most likely you have disabled option to skip system and hidden files, so the software tries to back up everything that is selected. By default all system and hidden folders are skipped.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment